7.05.2009

July, July, July

My, my, my how time can fly!
It seems like yesterday it was still May. No classes, spending almost every day watching movies or just generally bumming around--walking, talking, exploring. Wasting time with my favorite person was the best way to pass the day. A few room mate troubles, however it's nothing serious that a little venting and passive aggression can't fix.
But now the first semester of summer classes is almost over with only a tiny break until the next one. Health and wellness and Spanish nearly conquered with computer skills and modern philosophy still to come. I hate that I have to rush through some of these classes, but alas I need the credits in order to graduate on time. Five weeks just doesn't seem like nearly enough time to procure anything useful out of a college course. Honestly though, I'm glad to be done with this round of learning. I don't feel like I learned much of anything useful, but it's mostly my fault for not working harder. Meh...it's summer.
That's the absolute best excuse for all of what I've done this summer. And I don't regret one single bit of it. In all seriousness the best summer I've had ever, and I'm sure I was due for it finally. An apartment with a pool, decent neighbors, and a really rad new friend have made it perfect. I think I've found someone I can be comfortable with. My mom threw around the word smitten and I can't say she's completely wrong. Someone who enjoys my company as much as I enjoy his. And the first person to make me a mix CD with me in mind. That seems like such a trivial thing, but it really means a lot--probably more than it should. But if we could spend the rest of our lives just playing music we thought the other would enjoy, then I think I could die happy.
So as I'm typing this I am relaxing on my porch listening to the crickets mix with the Black Keys and watching all manner of bugs scurry and fly around. I should be writing about my favorite day with Spanish preterit and imperfect verbs, but that can wait until tomorrow night.
I promise next time it won't be nearly two months until I write again!


Till next time
Maddy

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about the flying of time. I started (yet another) blog in May too, with the best of intentions - and still haven't done a July post.

    http://anykindofheartsandears.blogspot.com/

    Coley, Cooley, Colley (that's me). Funny huh? I love to read your stuff, and you are one of the few people who i'm genuinely happy for (not even the tiniest bit jealous or begrudging of your joy). I have a daughter who's at college but i feel i know more about you than i do about her. I think i've kind of adopted you, in some strange e-hands across the ocean sort of setup.

    Wishing you all good things. Enjoy the summer, enjoy your life.

    Paul in the 'hole
    (Bradford UK)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it seems I spoke too soon. I should have known I couldn't be happy for long, before something went belly up.

    ReplyDelete